- 100 grams dried soba (buckwheat) noodle (そば)
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt for cooking noodles
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 or more tbsp soba cooking water
(A) Sauce Seasonings
- 1 tsp vinegar to taste
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger juice optional
- 2 cloves garlic minced; optional
- 1 tsp low-sodium light soy sauce
- sea salt to taste; only if needed
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roughly smashed roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander and spring onions
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cook soba noodles. Bring a mid-size pot of water with 1/2 tbsp salt added to boil. Add soba noodles and cook according to package instructions, about 3 minutes. After reserving a cup of hot soba cooking water, drain and rinse the noodles under cold water. Set aside.
- Make peanut sauce. While waiting for the soba to cook, add creamy peanut butter to a wide plate. When the soba is done, add 3 tbsp hot soba cooking water to the peanut butter. Stir vigorously with a silicon spatula until a smooth paste is form, then add the rest of the ingredients at (A). Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper, and add more vinegar if desired. If the sauce is too dry, add more soba water, 1 tbsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Toss the cooked soba in the peanut butter sauce. Divide into two serving bowls, garnish with (B) and serve immediately.
Credit to NoobCook