- 1 whole chicken leg, bone in
- 1 pc of chinese yam
- 2 pcs of chinese angelica root
- 2 pcs of codonopsis root
- 1 tbsp wolfberries
- 3 pcs red dates
- 4-5 pcs of american gineseng root
- 4-5 pcs of soloman’s seal
- 600ml of water
- salt / chicken powder to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and blanch them in boiling water for approximately 1 minute.
- Drain the chicken parts well.
- Place all the herbs,chicken and water in a slow cooker and allow it to simmer for approximately 3 hours on “auto” mode. Alternatively, you can simmer it over a stove top for around 1 hour.
- Add and adjust salt or chicken powder to taste. Serve hot.
Recipe credits to Eat What Tonight